THANK YOU FRONTLINERS!
SERVPRO of Guelph has installed over 100 signs in our community to say Thank You to our Frontliners. We appreciate everyone on the front lines who is helping with this pandemic. We hope when you see the signs, you know how just how thankful we are for all your efforts.
From our team to yours, THANK YOU!
We Stand with Nova Scotia
We Stand with Nova Scotia
Our thoughts, prayers and condolences are with the families, friends and colleagues of those who lost their lives in such a senseless act of violence.
We stand with Nova Scotians during this most difficult time.
Every crisis has its heroes, every disaster displays acts of selflessness and sacrifice. Thank You to the medical professionals and first responders working to keep us safe! To everyone working on the frontlines to fight the Coronavirus, Thank You and Be Safe!
From our Team to Yours, Thank you!
Here to Help!
SERVPRO® of Guelph offers cleaning services including the removal of biohazard contaminates. We have the specialized training and products to get your property back to business. We are Here to Help® 24/7, to respond quickly and effectively to help minimize business interruption to you company.
SERVPRO® Here to Help
SERVPRO® is committed to assisting our commercial partners with any COVID-19 breakout that may occur within the coming weeks and months. We have been training staff and sub trades with current protocols as well following the recommendation from our Federal and Provincial Governments along with Health Canada and the World Health Organization.
In this time of uncertainty, SERVPRO® will continue to provide emergency services and work with our customers on repairs according to their comfort levels. SERVPRO® will continue to monitor recommendations set forth and will inform our staff and sub trades on any additional changes in the way we complete business interactions.
As all our businesses adjust and change during this unprecedent times, SERVPRO® understand the worry and stress a disaster can have on our customers during regular times but even more so during this national pandemic. As this pandemic warrants extra precautions of social distancing, we have taken measures in ensuring that our regular services of restoration and repairs do not falter. We are doing all we can to be diligently safe when it comes to connecting with others, through consistent hand washing, facemask-wearing and additional PPE safety equipment that provides further distancing in contact between our workers and your clients.
SERVPRO® will maintain our24/7/365 call service to provide peace of mind for any Fire, Water, Sewage, Wind, Vandalism or any other emergency call.
If you have the need for any service within your own operations as it relates to the COVID-19 breakout, know that SERVPRO® will be there to assist.
SERVPRO® thanks you for your continued support and confidence in us. We look forward to safely serving your clients in their time of need!
SERVPRO® Here to Help
We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO of Guelph, Here to Help!
SERVPRO of Guelph is Here to Help during this time of need.
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your business according to the guidelines set forth by the Federal Government. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial services provide.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces in all public spaces. Examples would include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets etc. Other spaces likely to fall under the PHAC's guidance for commercials spaces include:
- Retail Spaces
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Municipal Offices
- Healthcare Facilities
The Government of Canada recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectants with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products available to SERVPRO carry this approved emerging pathogens claim. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain or the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the Federal Government and Provincial/Local Authorities.
If your business needs a deep cleaning services or for more information call the experts at SERVPRO of Guelph 519-837-8787
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season
Our Team at SERVPRO® of Guelph would like to offer our warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season and a new year of Health, Happiness and Prosperity.
As we enter the Holiday's we would like to share some safety tips for the season.
- If buying a real Christmas tree, make sure it’s fresh—a freshly cut tree is less of a fire hazard.
- You can test for freshness by tapping the butt of the tree on the ground; if fresh, very few needles should fall off.
- Place the tree in a stand that will hold two to three litres of water and top it up daily.
- Do not set your tree up near a heat source such as a radiator, television, fireplace, heating duct or sunny window. Do not block doors or windows.
- Remove the tree within 10 to 14 days. After that amount of time in a heated building, even the freshest tree can start to dry out. Watch for needles to start falling off—then it is time to discard the tree.
Tree lights and decorations
- Use lights that are Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approved.
- Check for and discard frayed, broken and exposed wires.
- Replace any damaged or burnt-out lights with energy efficient light bulbs.
- Use the proper lights for the environment. Indoor light strings/sets should not be used outdoors because they lack weatherproof connections. Some outdoor light strings/sets burn too hot indoors.
- Use caution with decorations—use flame-retardant, non-combustible, non-conductive decorations.
- Never use lighted candles on the tree.
- Remember turn off all tree or display lights before leaving the house or going to bed.
- Place candles away from anything that could catch fire.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Burn candles only when a responsible adult is overseeing the flame.
- Put candles in sturdy holders on a stable surface, well away from drafts, curtains, children and pets.
- Snuff them out before leaving the room or going to sleep.
- Never burn gift wrappings, boxes, cartons, or other types of packing in the fireplace. They burn too rapidly and generate too much heat.
- Don’t hang Christmas stockings from the mantel when the fireplace is in use.
- Never leave the fire unattended or let it smoulder.
- Clean the ashes regularly. Place the ashes in a metal container and store outside away from flammable materials.
- Don’t use Christmas trees for firewood.
- There is often a tendency to overload wall outlets during the holiday season. This is an unsafe practice and should be avoided even for short durations.
- Inspect all cords before using. Make sure they are Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certified. Look for loose connections or frayed or exposed wire. Discard any defective cords. Read the labels and manufacturer’s instructions to ensure proper use.
- Insert plugs fully into outlets. Poor contact may cause overheating or shock.
- To avoid possible overheating, do not coil or bunch an extension cord which is in use and do not run it under carpets or rugs.
- When doing your holiday cooking, never leave the kitchen unattended.
- Prevent a fire from occurring; turn off the stove when you leave the kitchen, even if it is only for a few minutes.
- Wear tight-fitting or rolled-up sleeves when cooking and keep all combustible materials a safe distance from the stove.
- Grease and fat fires are a leading cause of home fires in Canada, so be extra careful when doing this kind of cooking. Here’s what to do if grease in a pot or pan catches fire:
- Smother the flames by covering the pan with a lid
- Turn off the heat immediately
- Use baking soda (flour can be explosive) on shallow grease fires
- Never turn on the overhead fan, as this could spread the fire
- Never throw water on a grease fire
HERE TO HELP
SERVPRO of Guelph, Here to Help.
Within Guelph & Wellington county, there are many families who are unable to afford the luxury of gifts and special treats during the holiday season. In fact, this time of year can add extra stress for a family who is already struggling to make ends meet.
SERVPRO® of Guelph is extremely honoured to participate in the Adopt-A-Family Program. Giving back to families in need during the holiday season will help lift their spirits, provide gifts for children that are unique and special to them, as well assist families in having a wonderful holiday dinner.
Children’s foundation of Guelph & Wellington Adopt-A-Family program along with the support of donors in 2018 had assisted 1,175 families and independent youth and provided 2,527 children and youth with personalized gifts based on their needs and wishes.
We have been busy shopping and are very excited to know other families in our community will have a brighter holiday season because of community support and such a great program.
Thank you, Children’s Foundation and all the donors.
Thank you to everyone who took time out of there busy schedules to attend the SERVPRO® of Guelph continuing education classes. Our morning ethics class and afternoon restorative drying class had a total our 87 attendees.
Thank you to our staff for making this event such a success, as well Hampton Inn Guelph for hosting us again this year.
From our Team here at SERVPRO® of Guelph we understand by your feedback that the event was enjoyable as well the information and instructor were informative.
We hope everyone was able to learn some new information and idea's. We are looking to add more CE classes per year in order to stay current with the demands of our industry.
See you all at the next one, and once again Thank You.
Fire Restoration Services
Fire Restoration Services
Fire Restoration Services
SERVPRO® of Guelph understands Fire Damage. Smoke, soot, debris, water damage and odours that result can be very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home. Our fire damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
The resulting damage from a fire loss is a challenging time for any home or business owner. The priority for most people delaing with a fire loss is saving possessions that have been collected over a lifetime. SERVPRO® of Guelph understands the trauma that follows a fire life. When fire damage takes control of your life, we help you take it back.
SERVPRO® of Guelph provides quality restoration services to the contents within your home or business, mitigate, clean and restore your structure. If required we will pack and move all your contents to be cleaned and processed at our climate controlled, secure facility in Guelph. Restoring your furniture, clothing, artwork, electronics, and all other contents within the home or business. SERVPRO® of Guelph will store your contents in our secured lockers built on site inside of processing area.
Our experts will restore your home and business to preloss condition. Whether it be cleaning, painting, flooring, trim, cabinets, flooring, windows, doors, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and roofs SERVPRO® of Guelph will work hard to ensure the fire damages are completely dealt with and your space has been returned to what is once was.
No disaster is small when it is yours!
Our Experienced Fire Damage Experts are available 24/7/365 by calling SERVPRO® of Guelph at (519) 837-8787