Emergency Safety for Flooding
Guelph, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Fergus, Elora, Rockwood and our surrounding communities do experience summer storms from time to time.
Here are some tips to help keep you safe.
- Do not attempt to cross flowing water.
- During threatening weather listen for radio and/or TV, for warning bulletins.
- Never try to walk, swim, drive, or play in flood water. You may not be able to see how fast the water is moving, or see holes or submerged debris
- Beware that flash flooding can occur. If there is any possibility of a flash flood, move immediately to higher ground.
- Stay away from streams, rivers, drainage channels, and other areas known to flood suddenly.
- Do not drive into flooded areas and do not drive around a barricade.
Be safe, and listen to local and provincial instructions to help you weather the storm.
If your home or business suffers water damage during these events, SERVPRO of Guelph is available 24/7 and Here to Help.